You can hardly turn on a TV these days without being appalled by the upsetting amount of tears, violent news coverage, and conflicting perceptions of justice. Protests over police brutality, human rights, gender/race/sexual orientation equality, and terrorism follow us everywhere we go. Many are conflicted on where they stand and what to do. Society is far from being devoid of hope. While the waters are murky for the world at the moment, we all wish to see the violence cease and the law adjust accordingly to its citizens. During dark times, we hope these 11 uplifting anti-violence quotes said by your favorite characters shed some optimism for a brighter tomorrow.
1. Meowth (Pokemon) – “We do have a lot in common. The same air, the same Earth, the same sky. Maybe if we started looking at what’s the same instead of always looking at what’s different…well, who knows?”
2. Zeus (Hercules) – “A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength — but by the strength of his heart.”
3. Elastigirl (The Incredibles) – “Your identity is your most valuable possession. Protect it.”
4. BMO (Adventure Time) – “When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke, but sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light.”
5. Dumbledore (Harry Potter) – “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
6. Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh) – “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”
7. Michael Scott (The Office) – “Would I rather be feared or loved? Umm…easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.”
8. Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) – “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
9. Yoda (Star Wars) – “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
10. Olaf (Frozen) – “Love is putting someone else’s needs before yours.”
11. Emperor (Mulan) – “The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.”
Hopefully, at least one of these 11 uplifting anti-violence quotes said by your favorite characters has inspired you. With the slightest speck of hope, we can change the state and future of this world. As a complete human race, we should revel in our diversities and learn to treat everyone with the same level of respect as we’d like to receive.
*Featured image courtesy of bostonglobe.com